“How much protein do I need” is a question I get often from clients, and as someone who has experimented with dozens of different diets, I can tell you one thing; there a much higher probability of someone not getting enough protein versus getting too much. I personally don’t count macros, but I know I do MUCH better on a higher protein diet, particularly with animal protein. These BREAKFAST PATTIES are an easy and delicious way to incorporate more protein into your day, and I guarantee that you will love eating them 🤤. I enjoy them with fried eggs, sautéed veggies and homemade mayonnaise.
Here’s the recipe, which yields about 10 patties:
- 1lb each of ground pork and ground beef
- half a medium size yellow onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 tso of ground sage
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- black pepper, to taste
- bacon fat or ghee for frying
- extra sea salt and sage for frying
- Place all ingredients except for meat in the food processor (a mixer would also work). *This step isn’t mandatory but really helps keeping these patties moist!
- Once ingredients are mixed well, add the ground meat to the processor and blend until mixture is somewhat uniform.
- Take mixture out of the processor and form 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Heat up a cast iron pan on high temp and melt bacon fat or ghee.
- Season each patty with additional salt and ground sage.
- Place patties in the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, adjusting temperature as needed. Patties should be cooked through but still super juicy in the middle.