You guys, this is pretty much as simple as it gets. But do not let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, you will never want to eat your vegetables any other way, I can almost guarantee it.
Note that the recipe uses freshly ground nutmeg, which I find works best with carrots and parsnips. For cauliflower and sweet potatoes my favorite spice is a yellow curry mix. I also enjoy garlic powder and fennel seeds from time to time. Play around with different spices, and see which combinations work best, the key here is more so the method of cooking than the spices. Roasting them at high temp, layed evenly on a baking sheet makes them caramelize in the most delicious way.
- Any vegetable of your choice, my favourites for roasting are parsnips, carrots, yams, sweet potatoes and cauliflower
- A generous amount of either extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- A generous amount of himalayan salt
- A generous amount of nutmeg (freshly grated is best, otherwise ground works too)
- Preheat oven at 425F.
- Cut vegetables into somewhat even shapes. For root vegetables I like wedges about 2 to 3 inches long.
- In a mixing bowl, place all ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
- Lay vegetables evenly (don’t stack) on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 mins, or until vegetables are tender on the inside with a nice golden outside.