You know what makes cooking (and eating) a lot more fun? Sauces! When you make your sauces and marinades from scratch, everything you make becomes next level. And yes, there are some good sauces out there you can purchase, but, finding something that is shelf stable often means most of the ingredients in there are not super fresh, or that at the very least they most likely contain emulsifiers that are not so good for your gut. Invest in your gut healt AND your tastebuds, make you own sauces.
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie in my kitchen, and it never dissapoints. I served these kebabs with a super creamy cauliflower puree, some mediterranean roasted vegetables, and a very generous drizzle of lemon-tahini dressing. Click here for my Lemon-Tahini Dressing recipe and get ready for your life to change.
(2 Servings-4 small kebabs)
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh italian parsley
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon grated & juiced
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender or processor (except for the chicken), and blend until obtention of a somewhat uniform marinade.
2. Cut chicken into chunks, trying as much as possible to keep them the same size.
3. Place chicken cubes into a bowl or a plastic bag and pour half the marinade over, reserving the other half for another dinner (you’ll be happy to have leftovers after the 10 Day Reset). Let chicken marinade for about 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Place chicken cubes on kebabs (sticks).
4. You can either cook this on the stove-top or bake them if you prefer. For the stove-top, choose a large ceramic or cast iron pan and dump a generous amount of oil on it (I like coconut oil for this recipe). Heat up pan on medium to high heat until oil is sizzling, and place as many chicken kebabs as you can without stacking. Lower heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for about 10 minutes and flip kebabs over. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and check doneness.
5. For baking, place kebabs on a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 450f degrees for about 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.