This is 100% one of those weird desserts that turned out surprisingly delicious. The color may not be super appealing, I’ll admit, but I guarantee you that it tasted about one hundred times better than it looked.
It’s sweet, nutty, slightly salty, super creamy and….(drum rolls) completely keto-friendly. Kind of a hybrid between pudding and ice cream texture-wise. If you like almonds, you’ll like this, that simple.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cans of coconut milk, CREAM PART ONLY, discard the water or save for future recipe
- ½ cup of natural smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of swerve (powdered erythritol) or preferred sweetener
- 2 tsp of natural vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of natural almond extract
- a pinch of pink himalayan salt
-1 OR 2 tbsp of MCT oil for more fat-burning ketones
-1 tbsp of grass-fed collagen for additional protein
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk if needed. This dessert is best enjoyed semi-frozen. I like putting it in the freezer for at least one hour before eating.
- Garnish with any toppings of your choice, I had frozen wild blueberries, cacao nibs and hemp hearts.