I have made this salad more times than I can count and yet have never really shared the recipe until today. Actually I’m on my Instagram account right now and just realized I said I’d post this, 3 years ago. Never believe when I promise to post a recipe soon, it’s almost certainly a lie.
I always prefer fresh tuna over canned tuna, but this, is the exception. If you think tahini doesn’t belong in a tuna salad, trust me, it does. This is a dish I love packing when on the go or when going camping. It’s kinda creamy, kinda smokey, a little bit crunch and really delicious with some avocado.
I served this differently every single time I made it, sometimes on a pile of greens, others in avocado “boats”. I’ve also mixed up the ingredient list quite a bit but this one here has become my default template.
- 2 cans of wild albacore tuna
- 1 large stalk of celery, diced up finely
- 1 apple, diced up finely
- 1/4 of a purple onion, diced finely
- 1 avocado, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 cup of crushed almonds or almond slivers, lightly roasted
- fresh dill, lots of it, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mayo, for my Easy Paleo Mayo recipe, click here
- 2 to 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tbsp of smooth tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of sambal oelek
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss all the dressing ingredients together into a bowl until well mixed.
- Place all salad ingredients into the same bowl and mix with the dressing until well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in avocado skins or on a pile of greens with some olive oil and vinegar.
Please follow and like us: