You know how often people/clients tell me that they fall off the wagon because they are bored? A lot! You wanna know the first thing I tell them? Spend more time in the kitchen! I know some of you are busy, I get it, but guess what, making a shitty dinner will take almost just as long as making a delicious one. Spend the extra 20 minutes, will ya?
Take it from me, I have never regretted taking the time to make a nice meal. Think of it as an investment in yourself, the better you eat, the more satisfied you are, hence the less likely you are to want to take down a whole bag of chips or a box of cookies. That’s just how the body works, folks. When you get crazy cravings it’s almost always one of two things: either your blood sugar is off for whatever reason (can be poor nutrition, lack of sleep, too much stress…), or, you are experiencing the side effects of a nutrient deficiency. So think about that next time you want to make a poor dietary choice! What lies underneath that decision? What are you really looking for?
Me personally, half the time I am just looking for meatballs ;).
MIDDLE EASTERN MEATBALLS
- 1 Lbs of ground lamb (or use ground beef if you don’t like lamb, either way I recommend grass fed/grass finished meat)
- ½ a large shallot or yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp of fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp of fresh italian parsley, chopped finely
- Zest of 1 lemons
- 1 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients except for the meat and mix well. Add the ground meat and mix thoroughly to combine it with the herbs and seasonings.
- Form the meat into 1 to 1 ½ inch thick balls.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Enjoy this dish with either this Turmeric Cauliflower “Rice”
or this simple Baba Ganoush